Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Ode to my Stomach

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Fliptastic29's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Scared, hurt stomach to not worry yourself anymore,
    I promise to take care of you,
    The booze seems to have taken its' toll.
    Eyes burnt read from computer screen flashes,
    and you,
    sick because of dreams broken.
    Sorry to make you hurt so...
    I do promise to take care of you.
    Your northern neighbor seems to hurt too,
    for questions have arrised from deep within,
    and answers have not yet been given.
    The Female being comfuses you so,
    causing the mind along with the heart to run around in circles to and fro.
    I feel you drop lower and lower and find myself covered in helpless nights and fights.
    O stomach it's time for us both to take on an adventure and leave the women behind.
    Let us find meaning in one another and in time.
    Let us experience freedom.
    Let us be us.
    Let us be us...

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pleasantly suprised!!
    That's what I say about this peice.
    I read the title, and thought to myself "ode to my stomach, i bet it'll be funny!"
    but no, it was a really authentic peice.
    I liked it a lot... there was a lot more there than I imagined, and it was written well. had a different perspective than a lot of poems, and I really liked that...
    I'd say the only thing I would change, is the title, but hell, even that's alright.
    nice work, I like it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •